Progressive Web Apps
Progressive web applications allow you to deliver a super fast native app-like experience using modern web features.
PWAs deliver a content rich, super fast app-like experience
We’ve been building web applications since our earliest days, whenever our clients need transactional, quick data-processing widgets on their site…such as a BMI calculator, or a voting precinct finder.
Progressive web apps—or PWAs for short—represent a new breed of user experience, where your web app becomes more like a native app downloaded from the app store:
- lightning fast (like a native app)
- works whether you’re connected to internet or not (like a native app)
- installable to your phone (like a native app)
- can be indexed by search engines (like a web page)
- can be shared as a link (like a web page)
- works in all browsers and all devices (like a web page)
How can your website use progressive web apps to boost user engagement?
We can enable the core features that make your web app a true progressive web app:
- Discoverable – find its contents in search engines
- Installable – install it on your phone’s home screen or app launcher
- Linkable: share it by simply sending a URL
- Network independent: use it offline or with a poor network
- Progressive: works even on older browsers, but it’s fully-functional on the latest ones
- Re-engageable: send push notifications when new content becomes available.
- Responsive: right-size it on any screen and a browser—smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart watches, TVs, etc.
- Safe: secure all connections against any third parties trying to reach sensitive data.
More and more organizations are implementing progressive web app features like push notifications and offline access to boost engagement with their site visitors, especially in the mobile category. Don’t forget that mobile web browsing amounts to about half of web traffic worldwide. PWAs enable an optimal user experience for your mobile site visitors
Talk to us about developing PWA features that extend your site’s features further than they’ve gone before
How our Progressive Web Apps team can help you
Subsequent to the initial page loading, the same content and page elements do not have to be re-downloaded or re-rendered again. PWAs load nearly instaneously from the second visit. Faster performance equals more engagement and improved conversion rates.
Explore more services
Stay up to date on things that matter for your business on the web
We’re on the lookout for emerging trends and best practices for modern web development. Join our newsletter to get the latest info.